Typically, pool filters are responsible for keeping your swimming pool clean at all times. Subsequently, pool filters are prone to clogging since they are responsible for getting rid of all dirt particles in the pool. Therefore, always take time to clean your pool filters regularly. Hiring a professional pool service company would be best to conduct pool filter cleaning.
How do you clean a pool filter?
At present, there are different types of filters. The technique you use to clean a pool filter varies depending on its configuration. So, let’s look at a detailed procedure for cleaning different pool filters.
Cartridge pool filter cleaning
Cartridge pool filters are popular among a majority of pool owners. These filters are relatively simple to clean since you have to pull out the cartridge to clean it. If you have a cartridge pool filter, follow the below steps when cleaning it.
- Before you start cleaning a cartridge pool filter, you need to switch off the pool’s circulatory system for safety.
- Then, switch on the air relief valve to get rid of excess air from the system.
- Disintegrate the filter by removing all temporary fittings.
- Pull out the cartridge from the filter and place it in a safe space. Carefully examine the cartridge to check whether it has any cracks or abnormalities. If you have a worn-out cartridge, replace it with a new one. More often than not, you’ll have to replace the cartridge after every six months.
- If your cartridge is in good condition, clean it using clean water. Use a nozzle to spray water across the cartridge for thorough cleaning. Ensure you follow all the manufacturer’s instructions when cleaning the cartridge. If the cartridge is too dirty, soak it in a pool filter cleaning solution for at least 12 hours.
- The next thing to do is to rinse the cartridge using clean water.
- Ensure the O-ring on the filter tank is in good condition. Then, layer it with lubricant.
- Once the filter is dry, insert it into the filter and connect all the temporary fittings.
- Switch on the system and let it run normally.
Cleaning sand pool filters
Sand pool filters consume more effort and time when cleaning. Even so, ensure you clean your sand pool filter regularly to keep your swimming pool in good shape. Follow the steps below if you wish to clean your sand filter.
- The first step is to start by backwashing the filter. Backwashing facilitates a reverse flow of water in the pool to remove dirt particles tangling around the filter.
- Afterward, switch off the circulatory system.
- Remove excess air by turning on the air relief valve on top of the filter.
- Pull out the strainer lid of the pump.
- Put sand filter cleaner in the strainer basket and replace the lid.
- Switch on the pump for 15 to 30 seconds to facilitate the transfer of the sand filter cleaner to the filter.
- Once you switch off the pump, let the solution work on the filter for approximately 12 hours. It would be best to conduct this procedure overnight.
- The next thing to do is to backwash the filter once again. Doing this helps you get rid of all dirt particles deposited on the filter by the filter cleaner.
- Switch on the circulatory system after you finish backwashing the pool.
Why should you clean your pool filter?
Maintain a clean, healthy water environment:
When you clean your pool filter, you are able to maintain a healthy water environment. Typically, cleaning your filter improves its functionality. As a result, your filter will be able to keep your pool water clean at all times. Therefore, it will be much safer to swim in a pool with a clean filter.
Pool filter cleaning prevents clogging. Pool filters encounter dirt from time to time. Cleaning a pool filter removes all debris and dirt particles entangled on the pool filter. Therefore, it reduces any blockage. Through pool filter cleaning, you are able to cut down on pool equipment repair costs.
Extended life on your pool filtration system:
Keeping your pool filter in good condition improves its longevity. Pool filter cleaning improves the equipment’s efficiency. Subsequently, you are less likely to encounter problems with your pool filtration system.
Are you looking for pool filter cleaning services?
At Fox Pools, we offer the best pool filter cleaning services. Our pool experts are highly experienced in cleaning different types of pool filters. Consequently, you can count on us to deliver quality pool filter cleaning services. On your first consultation, we take the time to listen to all your requirements. From there, we come onsite to examine and clean your pool filter. Moreover, we take good care of any replacements and repairs needed by your pool filter.