The Best Safety Cover Options in 2022
The idea of pool covers is obvious to you; however, are you aware that there are several types on the market? The two most popular types are a pool safety cover and a winter cover. Fox Pools is here to help you with either of these purchases for your pool.
In spite of the fact that a winter cover will shield your pool from the weather and make opening your pool much simpler in the spring if you have young children or pets in the area, you will certainly want more from your cover. The level of protection a safety cover gives is higher than that of a light winter cover because it lasts longer.
Here are some options to help you determine which safety cover might be best for you.
Automatic Pool Safety Cover
This sort of protection is the most practical and straightforward choice. It can support a great deal of weight and be set up under the pool’s lip so that it blends in perfectly with the pool’s edges.
In addition, you may open and close it with the turn of a key. This type of safety cover allows you the convenience of daily use, opening and closing as needed. Just turn the key to keep kids and pets out of the pool when it’s not in use. The installation of an automated cover should be left to experts.
- Needs a drain or pump to remove water
- Almost impenetrable
- More aesthetically pleasing, but with a narrower color palette to choose from
- Operated by a key, switch, or other electronic devices to make sure that only people who are supposed to be there can get in.
Solid Pool Safety Cover
This safety cover provides the same protection as a mesh cover but without the risk of water seepage. The absence of debris will aid in maintaining a steady water level. An effective safety cover can make opening your pool in the spring a breeze.
Since fewer particles are making it through, the water quality should improve, and the efficacy of the chemicals used to treat it should last longer.
- This cover is foldable, so it’s simple to stow away when not in use.
- The springs and anchors that hold the cover to your pool deck make it strong enough to withstand the weight of any debris, snow, or water that may accumulate.
- Most of the time, these are made from tarps or materials that look like vinyl. They are easy to cut to fit any shape or size of the pool.
- Needs a drain or pump to remove water
- Debris, water, and sunlight cannot penetrate solid pool covers. Thus, your pool will be protected from the growth of algae. Opening your pool in the spring will be less hassle if you take precautions to prevent algae and unclean water from entering it.
Mesh Pool Safety Cover
This safety cover features tiny openings so that some water can get through. With freezing weather and ice, water levels tend to rise and fall, which is helpful. However, this opens the door for smaller debris to enter the pool water.
Any person or pet that accidentally falls onto a mesh safety cover will not be injured. Families can breathe a sigh of relief with this extra layer of security. It will protect your loved ones and your investment from harm.
- It’s secured to your pool surface using springs and anchors so that it can withstand any accumulation of debris or snow. It will prevent huge objects, like tree limbs, from getting through.
- These covers are the most cost-effective option for those on a tight budget.
- Like the solid safety covers, you can fold and stow them away when not in use. But they are usually lighter in weight, making them more manageable.
- They may be customized to the shape of your pool.
- Water will drain through the mesh, eliminating the need to pump standing water.
- They can support a lot of weight if properly fitted and maintained. Humans and other creatures stay safe from harm.
- Investing in this safety cover is the safest and most cost-effective alternative. This is because regular cleaning and care may last up to fifteen years.
Consider your pool’s needs and budget while deciding on a cover. Pool owners should make the prudent choice of adding a safety cover.
One of these incredible safety covers could keep your investment and loved ones safe all year. Reach out to Fox Pools if you’re interested in purchasing a safety cover for your swimming pool. We can’t wait to show you these choices, discuss how they’ll work in your area, and provide you with a free, no-obligation estimate.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!